15 Creative Ways to Save Water in California!
- Use one glass to drink out of throughout the day. Day after day this will help reduce the amount of water you use on washing your dishes.
- Skip watering your lawn on windy days. Many times it will blow onto the sidewalk or evaporate a lot quicker without actually watering your lawn (what's the point of that?!)
- You can save four gallons every minute by turning off your sink while brushing your shiny white teeth!
- If your shower fills a one-gallon bucket in less than 20 seconds, replace with a high efficiency showerhead.
- To reduce time needed for your water to get hot, insulate your hot water pipes.
- Aerate your lawn periodically. Holes every six inches will allow water to reach the roots completely.
- Don't use running water to thaw food. Instead, defrost your food in the refrigerator.
- Direct water from your gutters and downspouts to your plants and trees.
- Plug your sink when shaving to reduce your water consumption by dozens of gallons!
- Water your plants deeply, but less frequently to encourage deep root growth.
- Check for leakage from your toilet twice a year.
- Shorten your shower by a minute or two and you can save 150 gallons or more per month.
- Install an instant water heater near your kitchen so you don't have to wait for the water to run while getting hot.
- Upgrade your older toilets with water-saving features to save 100+ gallons a month.
- Turn off the water while washing your hair and save up to 150 gallons every month!
Call us direct at 530-506-5046 to schedule your free landscaping design and estimate.
Did You Know: California and local cities have issued statewide rebate programs to convert your lawn to turf?